Tuesday, May 1, 2012

That's So Posh...


I brave the rain in style... 
(All other pictures at the end of the following text)

New Phrases in my vocabulary: 
-WHERE IS THE LOU?: They look at you funny if you say "restroom."
-URBAN: My good friend Amanda and I are going on our fifth day of friendship. We have discovered "Urban" as an adjective for pictures we take... Used in a sentence: "That gate and the brick wall combine to make a great urban picture."
-BRITISH: Another one is something I keep saying that is rather obvious about many things here, "British." Used in a sentence: "The sheep on that hill are just so British!"
-POSH: Natalie is a ballerina. That has nothing to do with our phrase, but we refer to things as "Posh" even if it might not be. We still think that it is a good word to describe most things in life.... Used in a sentence: "Your model walk is sooooo posh."


So much has happened since my last post! I have gone to the Tower of London, the Borough Market, Tate Modern Art Museum, walked around the old Roman walls of the city, attended a London Philharmonic Orchestra concert, visited all the Shakespeare sites in Stratford followed by a play, and toured Hampton Court. Yeah, my life is pretty cool right now. I do not wish to bore you with everything I have done, so I’ll just highlight a few points that you might find interesting.

Tower of London
I saw the crown jewels!!!! And almost pet a raven! And had an awkward picture with a Beefeater (the name of the guard/tour guides in funny outfits)            

Other than that, it was neat to explore and just learn a lot of interesting things about the site. Also, I discovered that rain boots tend to increase the likelihood of falling while going down stairs. But don’t worry! It was only the last stair on the set in front of a bunch of other tourists. I think I pulled it off.

The Best Grapes I Have Ever Tasted
            Borough Market: the produce area. I went in and dodged meat stand after meat stand to finally be rewarded by a grand area of fruits and vegetables. I went in to get an apple for my breakfast, and that’s when I saw them. They were beautiful. Everything a grape should be. This was the Mr. Darcy of the grape world. I fell in love.
            And then we went to the Tate… and saw very… abstract things… The grapes were definitely the highlight of the day! Later that evening, we went to a cheap concert in town performed by the London Philharmonic and the dancing conductor. It was absolutely amazing and I was in musical heaven. And the conductor literally dance-conducted. It was fantastic

Shakespeare Day!
            We went everywhere that was significant in old Bill Shakespeare’s life in Stratford-on-Avon. The day started with a scenic bus drive to his wife’s cottage (Anne Hathaway), then his birthplace, his grave, his favorite church, and finished off the day with seeing a fabulous play by the Royal Shakespeare (Twelfth Night). It was a great day and I gained a great respect for who Shakespeare was and his great impact on our society. I keep out my newfound opinion about his private life…

The Real Housewives of Hampton...Court
            This is one of the Royal Palaces. And, needless to say, it was gorgeous. Everything about it was extravagant. The inside was beautiful but my love was the gardens!!!! It has been decided: I want a palace. Not really, but I wanted to run through one of the gardens that looked like a field of flowers, so I did. We also ran into Henry VIII, but that picture isn’t included, so trust me on that.

That’s that! I know this was a longish post, but thanks for reading it! Until next time… Cheerio from London!

-Whit


Enjoy these pictures... of my face... in places... ]
In line to go see the Crown Jewels in London Tower! Even my hair was excited!

A Beefeater and a Vegetarian.... We didn't get along... 

You know, just leaning against a Roman wall... 

These are the grapes I spoke of... 

They repaired the bridge after the Dementors destroyed it! 

Anne Hathaway's Cottage!

I found Vegetarian "Fish" and chips! So good!

Hampton Court!

This is Shakespeare's grave... I wasn't sure how to pose with a grave...This was the best I could do... 

Amanda and I have discovered our callings in life... Urban Modeling... (Notting Hill Station)

Why not run through a field of flowers in a Hampton Court garden...?

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I especially loved the dementor bridge picture :) I'll be in london for a day later on this month! Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite one is "you know, just leaning against a roman wall". LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy fruit sauce! I LOVE reading your posts! I'm SO glad you're having fun! Also, you are a freakin' BABE! (notting hill station photo is to DIE for) Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete